By Wendy Mihm | Wednesday March 16, 2011
ThredUp is a new online childrens’ clothing and toy exchange that is, in my humble opinion, brilliant.
Why? Because they have figured out everything we moms despise and therefore procrastinate about when it comes to either giving away, donating or selling our kids’ outgrown clothes.
Here’s how it works.
To buy childrens clothes
- You browse through boxes of other peoples’ kids clothes and toys online at the ThredUp site
- Then you select one you like and buy it for $5 + $10.95 USPS shipping
- Your box shows up at your door within few days
To sell childrens clothes
- List the items for sale in your box of used clothes and toys on the ThredUp site
- When another member picks your box, ThredUp will arrange to send it, 100% free of charge
- ThredUp provides boxes, postage, and even schedules the pick-up
Badda bing. Done.
That’s it! See? Painless.
I told you it was brilliant.
Like what you've read? We pack some of our best insider know-how and savviest strategies into our free weekly emails.
Subscribe today and let us help you live a healthy, happy financial life.